- Year: 1984
- Length: 36 ft
- Price (USD): $58,790
- Located in Sidney, BC CA
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
- YW# 4150095
• Single owner since 1999 – Member of CS West club since 2000
• Designed by Ray Wall for offshore safety and performance.
• All upgrades discussed with Ray Wall to get his signature of approval (anchor locker, mainsail dimensions, deck organizers, traveller, davits etc)
• Immaculately maintained – excellent boat in amazing condition
• Networked Raytheon navigation instruments in 2003.
• The boot stripe and lettering redone in 2012. • Outstanding condition –
• Newer running rigging,
• New lifelines,
• New davits,
• New bottom and thru hulls,
• New Leitch and McBride Fastpack Mainsail cover with Lazy Jacks and hardware (Royal Blue Tweed Sunbrella).
• All electrical brought up to Lloyds of London standards.
• 2900 hours on Westerbeke 33 HP diesel engine
• Standing rigging replaced and upgraded in 2018.
• Sails checked Spring 2023 – excellent condition.
• Superbly equipped – comes ready for extended cruising
Length Overall: 38.42 ft Max Draft: 6.25 ft Displacement:15.00 lb 15.00 Ballast Weight: 6.00 lb Cabin Head room: 6.33 ft Beam: 11.50 ft
Total Power: 33|horsepower Engine Brand: Westerbeke Year Built: 1984 Engine Model: 33hp Engine Type: Inboard Engine/Fuel Type: diesel Engine Hours: 2900 Engine Power: 33|horsepower
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (45 Gallons) Fuel Tanks: 1 (35 Gallons)
Hull ZCUW2322M84D (number 232 in a production line of approximately 300 CS 36 boats) built in 1984 by Canadian Sailcraft (CS Yachts) in Brampton, Ontario. The CS 36 was designed and built to the highest standards, for the perfect performance high quality cruising boat. The boat is one of the best ever made and has loyal and enthusiastic owners who keep their boats a long time (see the CS West web site - http://www.csyachtswest.org/index.html ). The boat is sprightly and maneuverable with near grand prix performance. She’s close winded going to weather with no pounding in rough seas, tracks steadily downwind, and is perfectly balanced on all points of sail. Below the CS 36 is a spacious and luxurious blend of form and function. With a U-shaped moulded galley and abundance of fine teak, modern ultra-leather and a teak and ash sole (with fitted carpet for cooler weather cruising), the 6’4” headroom interior is striking in its classic warmth, spaciousness, and elegance. There is an extensive navigation station, 6 can sleep in comfort on 5” close cell memory foam and ultra-leather. Summer Snow boasts a spacious head/shower with a teak grate to keep you warm and dry. Rarely seen in this age/size of boat. Forward is a cedar lined hanging locker and a private cabin for two and plenty of storage space for the longest cruise. Overhead there is plenty of light and ventilation from two opening hatches and nine opening ports – all with insect screens.
Top side Summer Snow is a fusion of classic design, robust construction with some well thought out and professionally executed improvements. The running rigging is comprised of the newest and lightest material, the blocks have been upgraded to Shaefer ball bearing ocean class, there are two spinnaker lines on cranes on the masthead (in case you wish to go offshore), both the clutches and the deck organizers have been upgraded to accommodate all the lines to be led aft (including two reefs in the main). There is a Lewmar, mechanical backstay adjuster to help keep the sails trimmed no matter the point of sail. The standing rigging was replaced and upgraded with larger turnbuckles and wire in 2018 by Blackline Marine. Beating, reaching, on a downwind romp, or riding quietly at anchor, the CS 36 is the stuff of sailing dreams. Summer Snow embodies high quality, carefree cruising or long-distance performance. Here on the west coast you can also rely on the CS West cruising club to keep it carefree by providing advice, history, links and comradery over a pint at a rendezvous.